Below you can find the goals we defined for the success of the Newzie project
1. Handling as much subscription as possible
The primary motivation behind news aggreators is to monitor feeds automatically so that you don't have to check each feed one by one to see whether there is any update. This type of automation eventually allows you to subscribe as many feeds as you need to. Hence, subscribing to 500 feeds via news aggreator is not that strange.
Based on this fact, we are trying to design Newzie so that no mather how many subscriptions you have and no mather how much content they can publish each day, Newzie should handle all of it without showing any sign of lack of performance.
2. Providing powerful monitoring toolsYou should be able to define your interests and let Newzie monitor them so that it can immediately notify you of occurances of those monitored items. Latest Newzie release supports many monitoring techniques, such as word watchdogs and virtual channels.
3. Presenting retrieved content betterHandling lots of subscriptions is one thing, presenting retrieved content from those large number of subscriptions is another. We developed number of presentation tools and techniques to help you compile retrieved content into pages and read them at once.
Features like news slideshow, highlights and even color coding of news based on their recency helps you identify and consume content quickly. However as we want Newzie to handle more, we need to enhance those technique and maybe provide additional tools.
4. Newzie in all languagesThe fact that only those people that speaks English can make use of Newzie is not fair in any way. Hence, Newzie should be available in as much language as possible so that every person on Earth can experience it.
5. Supporting publicationNewzie should not only be used for handling subscriptions but also give you necessary tools to help you publish your own posts based on that reading experience.